8-week Heaven Man Earth Tai Chi class taught by Mark Thompson
This introductory 8-week class will offer traditional Yang style as taught by Sifu Adam Mizner. Offering a genuine path of transformation that creates profound resilience of body and mind.
Course work will include:
- Introduction to the solo form, joint opening exercises, neigong (internal meditation methods to develop tai chi skills) and push hands
- Exploration of the Harvard Medical School’s eight medically active ingredients of Taiji
- Development of a Taiji body-mind including better balance, enhanced immune system, improved sleep and overall wellness.
Benefits of Taiji Chuan
- Improves balance, coordination, and flexibility
- Promotes correct posture alignment and efficient use of muscles
- Improves concentration
- Strengthens the immune system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases bone mass
- Enhances breath capacity without cardiovascular stress
- Teaches stress management skills
- Teaches basic self-defense and conflict resolution strategies
Taiji Chuan is an ancient system of exercise, meditation, and martial art that unites mind and body: a therapeutic exercise to cultivate and re-educate the body and mind, a meditation to cultivate the spirit, a martial art to cultivate harmonious relationships with others.
The basic practice, or form, comprises 37 movements executed in a slow, relaxed, and fluid manner.
Sundays | 11:00 a.m. - 12:00
May 9th - June 27th
Edward Rendon Park (Across from RBJ Public Health Center)
Austin, Texas 78702