8-week Taiji class taught by Mark Thompson
Are you a Golden Shield student? This class is only $99 for Golden Shield students, enter your code at checkout
Benefits of Taiji Chuan
- Improves balance, coordination, and flexibility
- Promotes correct posture alignment and efficient use of muscles
- Improves concentration
- Strengthens the immune system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases bone mass
- Enhances breath capacity without cardiovascular stress
- Teaches stress management skills
- Teaches basic self-defense and conflict resolution strategies
Taiji Chuan is an ancient system of exercise, meditation, and martial art that unites mind and body: a therapeutic exercise to cultivate and re-educate the body and mind, a meditation to cultivate the spirit, a martial art to cultivate harmonious relationships with others.
The basic practice, or form, comprises 37 movements executed in a slow, relaxed, and fluid manner.
Wednesdays September 4th - October 30th
Castle Hill Fitness Lamar (North Building)
1112 N Lamar Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78703
Add Saturday & Sunday Form and Push Hands Classes
Select the option to the left to add Saturday and Sunday form and push hands classes for only $99 for six weeks. Taught by Mark Thompson
Traditionally, Taiji was taught in nature. This opportunity will allow you to tune in to Nature's signal. We will refine and test some of the resilience principles you will learn about in class.